adrianpaul.net

Navigation & Login
Go Back   Adrian Paul Message Board > Appearances / Events Forum > Merchandise

Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 PM

Talking Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

Hi all.....

I have to admit, I got a little excited about being able to help PEACE's efforts to raise monies for Haiti. After what Peace (and we, the fans) accomplished for the Tsunami disaster, it's great to be able to help any way I can.

I've listed a few more items. Usually if you go to one, and scroll all the way down, you can see the others listed, but just in case, here are all the links. :>)

Another Kilt Pin, this one gorgeous red; I sewed another MacLeod look tartan shopping bag because the last one was very appreciated. Then, I found some cool fabrics in my stash and made a couple of other Tote/Shopping Bags. With the economy as it is today, and because we should each make an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, these reusable shopping bags are perfect. There is one with an Elvis design, and even a Retro look that might bring a smile or two from anyone who's ever sewn.

I am making generous donations from each item to help out PEACE too!

There are still two items I put on yesterday, I've added those links at the end of this. Happy shopping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366406156
Paris Pin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366408221
Tote MacLeod

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366409436
Elvis Tote Bag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366411204
McCalls Pattern Shopping Bag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366123596
Celtic Hair Ties

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190366122594
Peace Kilt Pin

Stay tuned, I've got another treat in store tomorrow!

~Riley~

Adrian's Angels

Adrian's Angels E-group
Old 01-23-2010, 01:58 AM

Location: Vinemont, Alabama Our town is so small we don't even have a Target.
Talking Re: Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

Hi Rileah,
I won the Celtic hair ties! For some reason my address was not confirmed, that is my correct address though. They look great! Being from Irish and Scottish blood, I love Celtic designs as well as Gaelic. My father is from Ireland, his name is Greene. I would love to go to Scottland and Ireland some day! My Mother has gone to both places. I'll be looking at other items as well.
I hope this helps with the Haiti effort.

PEACE AND LOVE FOR ALL THOSE IN NEED.
Kellie
Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM

HI Kellie...

Thank you ever so much for your bidding, and winning. The monies will certainly help Peace!

My background is Austrian and German, but once I fell in love with all things Highlander I became someone who loves all things Scottish. The Celtic symbol on anything is quite interesting to me.

I love to design jewelry and do quite a few things that have a Celtic theme. Just didn't have a lot this time.

Welcome to the fandom!

~Riley~

Adrian's Angels

Adrian's Angels E-group
Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 AM

I love to draw and paint myself but I rarely have the time. I'm always busy with my kids. I look forward to getting them soon. I love all things Celtic and Gaelic, music, art, dance, and even the language. Last year I met a girl from Estonia(I think thats how it's spelled) she sold me some very nice books for my children,(educational material)I bought over 1,000 in these items. I did this for my kids as well as her. She needed the money for school. I had extra so I helped her. I enjoy talking to a person from another country, I try to guess their accent. Hers wasn't easy to place. It's nice talking to someone who appreciates other cultures, thanks for taking the time to write back to me Rileah.

Kellie
Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 AM

Hi Rileah,
I won the PEACE bracelet tonight. I think it's very good work! I can only wear silver or white gold. I break out if I wear yellow gold. Besides silver looks better on me anyway. I'll probably bid on a few other items as well. I would have loved to win the phone call, but the price is just too high for my blood! I would like to learn how to make Celtic jewlrey myself, how did you learn? Could you send me some tips when you send my items? I would appreciate it very much. I did all kinds of arts and crafts, mostly in High School. I'll talk to you later.

PEACE AND GOOD HEALTH

KELLIE
Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM

Red face Re: Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

That's great Kellie!! One thousand books will cretainly help a lot of children. That's a wonderful thing to do. :>)

So far we've raised over $450.00 from my little auction and it take everyone's help to do this. I'm amazed and so thankful. Only one more item to sell on Ebay right now.... and my auction is over until the Adrian's Angels' annual Valentine auction Feb 12-16th.

Hope to chat with you soon.

~Riley~

Adrian's Angels

Adrian's Angels E-group
Old 02-12-2010, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

Hi Rilieah,

Sorry if you misunderstood what I said about the books. I bought the books for my children because she was selling them for school. I did buy over 1,000 dollars in books for them and the money helped the girl for her schooling.

PEACE

Kellie
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Unhappy Re: Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

I saw a news report today that much of the donations are not helping those in need. I'm sure PEACE has done great work, but it's sad that other organizations aren't doing enough. We can't forget these people still need help. :-(

Or maybe it's still the government?
People are still living in tents.
Here is a link to abc news-David Ono

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ter&id=7550208
Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Helping PEACE, helping Haiti

The BBC was stressing that a number of things have been done right by relief organizations. Disease outbreaks were prevented by the provision of clean water, food, and the removal of corpses. Temporary shelters were put up.
On the negative side, there is very little coordination of effort by the government to remove rubble, so that business can be reestablished, and get people into permanent housing.

People are asking for jobs. The government's complaint is that there is no money to pay people to do what needs to be done. Why not use extra food and supplies as pay for rubble removal? And let's get some of the volunteer engineers to show people how to use rubble to build small, safe houses on the lots that are being ignored by their owners? If the owners don't get busy and pay folks to remove rubble and rebuild, perhaps they should lose the lots to squatters who are?

Berlioz The Damnation of Faust